Children usually learn about color during their preschool years. The ability to identify colors is considered a marker and milestone in a child’s cognitive process and is often part of early screening for development and educational admittance. Recognizing the colors and identifying the color names is an important part of a child’s development. Early identification of colors helps to create the cognitive link between visual clues and words.
We are excited to bring this learning for your children through play. We at Big Little Things have always focused on learning through play and this game is another great example of how learning can be truly fun!
Introduce your child to the world of colors through this delightful game! A game simple enough for a 18 month old to understand and yet interesting enough for a 4 year old to play. A child's ability to recognise different colors heats up at about 18 months and by the age of 4, a child can name most of the basic colors. We would love to be a part of this learning journey with you and your child.
This game has 60 cards -30 color cards and 30 beautifully illustrated cards for color recognition. There are 9 single color cards to start this fun journey and 20 two color cards to take it up to the next notch. Let's play!
1. Start by laying out all 30 car cards face up in the centre.
2. Use our single color cards as flash cards to simply introduce the basic 9 colors.
3. Let your child pick any color card. eg: Orange color
4. Now encourage your child to find all the cards in the centre with that color. In this case, all centre cards with Orange in it.
5. Clap with enthusiasm, give a hi-five to your child for every attempt they make. This will encourage them :)
6. Move to the next single color card.
7. Continue the game until all the centre cards are exhausted.
Once you feel your child has mastered or is comfortable with all the single colors, move to the two color cards and play just like above!! Make it challenging for older kids by playing it with 2 players! The one who picks the maximum number of cards wins!!
Made in India